When planning on vacation, you need to make sure that people in your workspace knows that you are not around for some time so they do not get nervous and angry on your non response to their emails.
Gmail gives you an option to actually make your workspace colleague aware about your non presence.
Below are the steps that you need to follow so as to activate out-of-office vacation sender.
- Click the Settings Gear (just below the Notification Icon) in Gmail
- Select Settings from the menu that appears
- Make sure you are on the General tab
- Under Vacation responder, turn on the vacation responder
- Enter appropriate subject and message. (you can also include specific information at what are the suitable time where you will be available, or emergency contact in your absence)
- Set a Start Date and Last Date i.e. Days you won’t be in office
- Additionally, you can also add filter for people to whom you want to send the auto-response under only send a response to people in address book
- Click save changes
- As an when you return back to office, you can stop the vacation-auto responder by following on the End now link in the vacation responder bar at the top of your Gmail screen
Below is a visual step guide
- As an when you click on the Settings Gear in your Gmail Account , you will get the below display